Landmarks

CENTRAL SHEEP AND WOOL RESEARCH INSTITUTE

CENTRAL SHEEP AND WOOL RESEARCH INSTITUTE

The Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute is a premier Institute of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) engaged in research and extension activities on sheep and rabbits. It was established in 1962 at Malpura in Rajasthan. Now the campus is popular by the name of Avikanagar. The campus is spread over an area of 1510 hectare. It has three Regional Research Centres in different climatic zones of the country to develop region-specific technologies. North Temperate Regional Station (NTRS) was established in 1963 in the temperate region at Garsa, Kullu in Himachal Pradesh. The Southern Regional Research Centre (SRRC) was established in 1965 in sub-temperate region at Mannavanur in Tamil Nadu. The Arid Region Campus (ARC) was established in 1974 at Bikaner in arid region of Rajasthan. The Institute and its sub-stations have been working for enhancing the productivity of sheep and rabbit by applying scientific methods and developing new technologies.

 

The Institute has developed new strains of Avikalin for carpet wool production and Bharat Merino sheep for fine wool production in the temperate climate. The scientific breeding, feeding, and management practices were developed for improving the production traits of Malpura, Marwari, Magra and Chokla sheep. A prolific sheep from crossing of Malpura, Garole and Patanwadi breeds has been developed and its performance evaluation is on-going under semiarid climate. Some of the important technologies developed by the Institute are: Intensive lamb production for mutton, complete feed block for scarcity feeding, artificial insemination, embryo transfer technology, indigenous sponges for estrus synchronization, area specific mineral mixture, cost effective worm control program, disease data information system for organized sheep and goat farms and wool hair blended woollen products and meat and meat products.

float: left;padding: 0em 2em 1em 0em;

BANASTHALI VIDHYAPEETH

Bansthali Univarsity

BANASTHALI VIDHYAPEETH

Banasthali Vidyapith is a fully residential women's university which offers an integrated system extending from the primary to the Ph.D. level. It was on October 6 1935, that Smt. Ratan Shastri and Pandit Hiralal Shastri founded Banasthali to fill up the vacuum caused by the sudden death of their highly talented and promising daughter Shantabai. They had high expectations that she would work for women's welfare when she would grow up. But destiny ordained otherwise.

        Thus, Banasthali owes its existence neither to the zeal of an educationist, nor to that of a social reformer. It is also not the creation of a Philanthropist's purse. It has arisen like the fabled phoenix from the ashes of a blossoming flower Shantabai.

        Banasthali is one of the five universities in India meant exclusively for Women. Over these seventy five years Banasthali has developed into a National Centre for women's education. Banasthali's educational programme aims at an all-round development of the student's personality. To achieve its objective of 'synthesis of spiritual values and scientific achievements of the East and the West', it has evolved Five-fold Educational Programme (Panchmukhi Shiksha) comprising of the following aspects: (i) Physical, (ii) Practical, (iii) Aesthetic, (iv) Moral and (v) Intellectual. This way the students develop an integrated and balanced personality.

MAULANA ABUL KALAM AZAD ARABIC PERSIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE

Landmarks

MAULANA ABUL KALAM AZAD ARABIC PERSIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE

The Government of Rajasthan established this Institute on 4th December, 1978. The Institute is now completing its 31 years and has obtained the standard of an internationally known Institute. In the meanwhile, the President, Vice President, Governors, Chief Ministers of Rajasthan, Ministers, Chief Secretaries, Principal Secretaries, Secretaries and some other officers and dignitaries used to visit the Institute and to watch the invaluable treasure kept safely here along with the progressive activities of the Institute. Apart from it, the learned persons and scholars from home and abroad often visit this Institute to be benefitted and to complete their research pursuits by the source material the Institute provides. The three veteran scholars of this Institute have been honoured by getting President Award first Shri Sahibzadah Shaukat Ali Khan the ex-Director of this Institute in the year 1992 and secondly Shri Maulana Mohd. Abdul Hai Faiz in the year 2001 especially for their contribution of literary works pertaining to the material kept in this Institute and thirdly Dr. M. Riyazuddin Khan in the year 2005. A calligraphist of this Institute Shri Khursheed Alam has got the opportunity to participate in the international Koranic calligraphy exhibition organized in Iran.

The 45 scholars, benefitted by the source materials preserved here, have received Ph.D. degree by the different universities while 25 research scholars are getting the advantage.

float: left;padding: 0em 2em 1em 0em;

CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE

CENTRAL INDUSTRIAL SECURITY FORCE

RTC Deoli was established on 01.08.1984. It is located in District Tonk, Post Deoli, Rajasthan, which is 165 Kms away from Jaipur Airport and 85 Kms from Kota Railway Station.

            RTC Deoli conducts the basic induction training of directly recruited Constables. It has been imparting professional and specialized training to officers and men of CISF and other private Security Organizations in addition to its primary task of grooming the Constables.

            RTC Deoli is presently engaged in imparting Basic Courses to Constable/GD (Male/ Direct). In addition, the training institution organizes various specialized courses like Post Protection and Anti Ambush Course, VIP Security Course, VIP Security Refresher Course, Intensive VIP Security Course, EDD Basic Course, BDDS Basic Course, BDDS Refresher course, EDD Refresher course and all Promotion Cadre Courses (Constable to SI). Besides, the institution is conducting VIP Security course for Foreign Police Personnel. The Institution is also entrusted with the responsibility of conducting Basic Course for State Police personnel.

 

GHANTA GHAR ( CLOCK TOWER )

Landmarks

GHANTA GHAR (CLOCK TOWER)

The Ghanta Ghar, a popular historical attraction of Tonk was built by the Nawab of Tonk , Mohammed Sadat Ali Khan, in 1937. According to locals, people of Tonk place suffered an epidemic disease called Haiza in 1936. The Nawab distributed medicines among those inflicted, and the money collected was used to build this clock tower.